Welcome! This page is for those who are interested in organising a Window Wanderland event in their community. If you want to create a personal display only please check if there is an event near you and contact them directly.
We are so glad you have found us and that you are interested in planting a Wanderland seed in your area. This page will help you decide how to organise and run your very own Window Wanderland, including the costs, what you will need and why we are great to be part of!
WHO ARE YOU? Years of experience has shown that the people who organise Wanderlands fall into the following groups:-
- You and few friends/colleagues want to run this completely voluntarily, getting sponsorship from local shops and businesses. No access to grant funding.
- Funded: Freelance organisers/part of a small group that can apply for funding, so you (or your team) will get some money for your time.
- Large organisations, NPO, Local Authority and would take advantage of the extra professional support we offer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
A TEAM: Ideally you will need a team of part-time people. Our pack identifies the roles and responsibilities – from project managers to schools co-ordinators.
SOME FUNDS: You will need to raise a small budget to cover the costs ranging from printing to any fees you may be paying.
TIME: Allow around five months to plan the event, so it’s not a rush. The most successful events, by far, are in late Winter – avoiding clashing with major festivals and holidays. So far none of the events that happened in the UK before christmas have repeated. You get all this advice as part of your initial membership fee.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? We offer separate Wanderland Packages depending on which group you belong to. Once you’ve figured out what group you’re in, you can simply pay the full amount for your package and get immediate access to everything you need to get going.
Get a ‘try before you buy’ two-stage payment plan which goes like this:
- Pay a membership fee, which gives you access to information and fundraising advice. You get a page on the website, named as ‘your area Window Wanderland’, with your pin on a map showing where you want to run it. You can then share your page with all your friends and anyone interested in helping out can get in touch. This allows you to start gathering local support and anyone who might want to make a display in that area can register their interest as well.
- Once you are ready to set a date, start marketing and get makers signing up, just pay the balance to get full access to all the other wonderful online tools we provide, so that your event will wonderful. Easy peasy!
WHY BE PART OF US?
Window Wanderland is an idea that builds local community, allowing each to celebrate its own identity. Join us and access all the support and tools you need to make an amazing Wanderland with relative ease. Check out our Stories and Feedback and Social Media highlights to see what people say about us and why we are so joinable. Don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at any of the individual event pages, which are written by the local organisers themselves! We are all about community and we’d love for you to join our quirky family.
WHAT HAPPENS IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS?
You will get a discount for the second year so that it’s easier to run a Wanderland again as we try and keep the fees as low as possible.
Still unsure? Please read the FAQs .
We are taking time to make changes to the website over the summer, so please fill in the form below and we will email you when we have finished. If you want to begin organising before then let us know in the form and we will get back to you sooner: